Woodbridge Regatta cancelled due to coronavirus
PUBLISHED: 10:14 15 March 2020 | UPDATED: 11:22 15 March 2020
One of Woodbridge’s biggest events has become the latest gathering to be cancelled because of coronavirus.
The popular Woodbridge Regatta and Riverside Fair has been cancelled.
The event had been due to take place on May 24 along the riverside in the town and would have been the 182nd edition of the festival.
In a post on Facebook, event organiser Geoff Holdcroft said that the virus had forced the event to be cancelled.
'Dear friends, I am so sorry but due to the escalating health crisis it is now prudent to cancel this year's Woodbridge Regatta,' said Mr Holdcroft.
'Full refunds will be given to all stallholders who have already paid.
'We hope to be back bigger than ever in 2021.'
It comes just a day after the Beowulf Festival, which had also been due to take place on the town's riverside, was also cancelled because of the virus.